UPDATE -- COVID-19
EBIST/T will be held June 14-18, 2022 in Whistler -- SAVE THE DATE
The COVID-19 disease has had a major impact on the planned EBIST/T 2020 conference in Whistler, Canada. Due to travel restrictions at major labs, a ban of large conferences in British Columbia and last but not least the significant health risk for participating colleagues to the EBIST/T 2020 conference, the conference cannot be held in June 2020 in Whistler and unfortunately needs to be postponed. This unavoidable decision was discussed and approved with the International Advisory Board and the Local Organizing Committee of EBIST/T 2020.
EBIST 2022 -- WHISTLER, BC CANADA
The 14th International Symposium on Electron Beam Ion Sources and Traps will be held June 14-18, 2022 at the Delta Hotel and Suites in Whistler, BC Canada.
The EBIST symposium has been held every three to four years since 1977. The goal of this symposium is to discuss the design, development, applications of electron beam ion sources and traps, and the physics with highly charged ions.
EBIST2020 will cover the following topics:
1. Progress and status of EBIS/T facilities,
2. Atomic spectroscopy of highly charged ions,
3. Charge-exchange and surface interaction with highly charged ions,
4. Charge breeding of stable and radioactive isotopes,
5. Nuclear physics with highly charged ions.
Registration and Abstract submission will open: Date TBD
EBIST/T will be published by JACoW. All abstracts, oral presentations and papers will be submitted to SPMS.
International Advisor Board (IAB):
- Edward Beebe (BNL, USA)
- Jose Crespo (MPI-K, Germany
- Clay Dickerson (ANL, USA)
- Evgeny D. Donets (JINR, Russia)
- Oliver Kester (TRIUMF, Canada)
- Alain Lapierre (MSU, USA)
- Nobuyuki Nakamura (UEC, Japan)
- Yuri Ralchenko (NIST, USA)
- Thomas Stöhlker (GSI, Germany)
- Yaming Zou, Ke Yao (Fudan University, China)
- Oliver Kester (Chairperson)
- Friedhelm Ames (LOC Chair)
- Ania Kwiatowski
- Brad Schultz
- Silke Bruckner
- Jana Thomson (Conference Organizer, JACoW Editor)