Whistler, BC Canada
June 14-17, 2022
The COVID-19 disease has had a major impact on the planned EBIS/T 2020 conference in Whistler, Canada. Due to travel restrictions at major labs, a ban of large conferences in British Columbia and last but not least the significant health risk for participating colleagues to the EBIS/T 2020 conference, the conference could not be held in June 2020 in Whistler and has been rescheduled to June 14-17, 2022. This decision was discussed and approved with the International Advisory Board and the Local Organizing Committee of EBIS/T 2020.
EBIST 2022 -- WHISTLER, BC CANADA
The 14th International Symposium on Electron Beam Ion Sources and Traps will be held June 14-18, 2022 at the Marriott Delta Hotel and Suites in Whistler, BC Canada.
The EBIST symposium has been held every three to four years since 1977. The goal of this symposium is to discuss the design, development, applications of electron beam ion sources and traps, and the physics with highly charged ions.
EBIST2022 will cover the following topics:
- Progress and status of EBIS/T facilities
- EBIS/T physics including electron and ion beam optics and related simulations
- EBIS charge state breeder developments and operational experience
- Charge breeding of stable and radioactive isotopes,
- Atomic spectroscopy of highly charged ions
- Applications of highly charged ions from EBIS/T
Registration and Abstract submission is OPEN
EBIS/T will be published by JACoW. All abstracts, oral presentations and papers will be submitted to SPMS.
International Advisory Board (IAB):
- Edward Beebe (BNL, USA)
- Jose Crespo (MPI-K, Germany
- Clay Dickerson (ANL, USA)
- Oliver Kester (TRIUMF, Canada)
- Alain Lapierre (MSU, USA)
- Nobuyuki Nakamura (UEC, Japan)
- Yuri Ralchenko (NIST, USA)
- Thomas Stöhlker (GSI, Germany)
- Ke Yao (Fudan University, China)
- Oliver Kester (Chairperson)
- Brad Schultz (LOC Chair)
- Jana Thomson (Conference Organizer & JACoW Editor)
- Chris Charles (Speaker Ready, Exhibitor and Sponsorship & JACoW Editor)
- Ania Kwiatkowski & Friedhelm Ames (Symposium Contact & Posters)
- Silke Bruckner (Author Reception, Registration, Administrative Support)